From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of IcemanLE@xxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 8:21 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] loud drunk guitar player

In a message dated 8/28/2007 6:34:27 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
drfertig@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Oh man  I'm talkin' about jams!

The too loud guitar player at a jam during the set that I play -

When it is my turn to solo, I turn towards the band and motion down with
my
hand, indicating bring the volume down. If the musicians comply except
for the
 too loud guitar player, I'll go right over in front of him and repeat
the
gesture - making it obvious to him, the band and the audience. Most
times this
works. Sometimes it works and pisses off the guitar player (too bad).
When it
 doesn't work, I'll turn towards the audience, shrug, and walk off.

It gets the message across.

The Iceman