Re: [Harp-L] The loud drunk guitar player

In a message dated 8/29/2007 9:33:18 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Rumor  has it this already exists: Harp King 6 x 10--at least that's
what  Rick Estrin told me when we talked about it this spring after a
gig  this past spring.  He said he'd finally found an amp that could
bury all those @#$% guitar players.  Do you think he was  talking
about the venerable and highly talented Charly Baty or some  other
guys?

This is not a happy solution, but one born out of frustration and it has
repercussions.

Rick did buy the Harp King in self defense, because Little Charlie plays  TOO
LOUD. It solves the problem of being buried by the too loud guitar.

However, you will notice if you talk w/Rick these days, he will turn his
head to the right to listen, as his right ear is severely compromised and
damaged because of the high guitar volume. Fighting fire with fire will probably
eventually cause left ear hearing loss. Also, the harmonica sound from a Harp
King give a tone more like Rod Piazza and takes away from Rick's
individualized and instantly recognizable sound.

The Iceman