Re: [Harp-L] how do we best support harp players when buying their music?

The cheapest way to buy my ban's music also is the way that most benefits us
- and that is directly at shows. Let's say we want to make $10 on a CD.
That's what we sell it for at shows.  However, CD baby wants something like
$3-$4 per cd sold, so if we want to make our desired amount, we have to
charge $14.  But, we also know that if a fan buys from there then they'll
have to pay for shipping, which gets things near $20, which is going to make
most people think twice about buying a CD from a little-known independent
artist.  So, to make the final price more attractive, we lower our take from
places like CD baby.

That's how it works for us, at least.

 - Blake