Re: [Harp-L] AKG Wireless - available or not?

Greg Heumann wrote:
> It seems the only way to buy an SO-40-based AKG system is to
> find old inventory or buy used. <snip>
> FYI -for you Hi-Z mic users, AKG makes another system for
> guitars.  The transmitter is called the "guitarbug". Google
> this and you'll find it IS available. I have one and it works
> quite well.

I am fortunate enough to have one of the old SO-40s, and it's very
nice.  One of the nice things about the AKG system is (was) the ability
to buy the pieces separately.  I have two receivers (one rack-mount and
one stand-alone) and three transmitters (the SO XLR, the guitar bug,
and a lavalier mic), all on the same frequency so I can mix and match
my mics and amplification options.  I generally take a rack rig to gigs
which uses the rack-mounted receiver, but have lately started carrying
the standalone receiver and a tube preamp to run straight into the PA.

-tim