[Harp-L] Solo 610 Preamp

Well, I never used anything that high-end. I use a little ART Tube
Preamp sometimes. The 610 is a single channel preamp that would work
with any mic with an XLR cable I believe. There may be models with
1/4 inputs, too - not sure. The idea I believe with a tube preamp is
to achieve a warmer, more analog sound, probably usually on vocals
but there is no reason why you couldn't run a harp mic through it.
Not sure why you would need to, though. If you want to go straight
into a PA system or something, there are better solutions designed
just for harp, like the Harp Commander, which is almost hald the
price:

http://www.holmeseng.com/index_files/Page1306.htm

Perhaps someone with more experience than me with my little home
studio can give more info.

Robert Ross
aka rawharp

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs