Re: [Harp-L] Early live recordings of amplified harp? LIVE, you say, LIVE?

This was all clever misdirection on my part, because I pioneered the actual "missing the thrust of the question" and answered a question that wasn't asked.

I then tricked Winslow into missing the thrust, too.

This gives me a new blues moniker - Ken "Thrust Misser" Deifik.

- K "TM" D

Winslow wrote:
Duh (how could I have missed the main thrust of the question)!

First time for a LIVE recording?

Martin, you may well be right that the first time amplified blues
harmonica appeared on a LIVE recording was the 1960 Newport recording
of Muddy with Cotton.

And, yes, if there are earlier albums or singles recorded LIVE with
amplified harmonica, it would be interesting to know about.

Maybe my hearing has been damaged by all the LIVE amplified harp. it
hurt my vision, too. Be kind to an ooold man, son - USE A BIGGER FONT
and make it BOLD (hehh! young whippersnapper!)

Winslow