From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Joe and Cass Leone
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2007 3:07 PM
To: BiscuitBoy714@xxxxxxx
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] What's a double Stop??

A stop is the corner web of your mouth. If you were to get your
tongue skinny enough to block out ONE note and play a note on each
side, this would be a double stop.  WHEN the webs at the corner of
your mouth only let the note on each side sound and what you get is
TWO notes (one on each side of the one you blocked with your tongue).
Since there are TWO notes, this is a DOUBLE stop.

If you were to block one middle note and sound either ONE note on one
side and TWO notes on the other side (doesn't matter WHICH side) this
is ALSO a double stop. Reason? The 'double
  is done by the webs at the corners of your mouth.

If you were to block out TWO central notes, and play one (or MORE)
notes out EACH side, this is STILL a double stop. In other words, ANY
combination of notes qualify as long as they are on both sides of
another note or series of notes.

smokey-joe