To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2007 11:23 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Harp-Hop (was Bad News Brown)

"Now this is some interesting stuff.  I haven't really heard anyone
putting harmonica into a hip-hop context anything like this."

You should check out G. Love & Special Sauce. He plays a resonator guitar with rack harp, and the music is a combination of hip hop and traditional blues. From what I've heard, G. Love is a pretty good harp player and has played sideman harp to Robert Randolph, Donovan Frankenreiter, and many others. I'm surprised he doesn't get discussed much on this list.

Jonathan Metts