Re: [Harp-L] re: Shaker microphone

I do not care for the Shaker mics.  Over the years my mic collection had
gravitated toward the Shure CM element in different mic bodies.

For a good lower-cost mic, you should consider the Bottle O' Blues mic from
Harp-L'er Jim McBride.  This mic has plenty of low end, sounds good when you
get things cranked up to a respectable level, and is very light and easy to
grip.  It also has very low handling noise and is quite
feedback-resistant, important considerations in a harp mic.  This mic always
goes in my gear bag.

Search on eBay for "harp mic" to find the Bottle O' Blues.  It sells for
less than fifty bucks.

-Spec20