Re: [Harp-L] Re: JJ Milteau plays "What a wonderful world"

Problems inherent to playing diatonic - making notes created through  bending
technique sound the same as "given" notes. This is a challenge to  overcome.

That being said, knowing that diatonic has these inherent challenges (which
may or may not be overcome completely), I take these into consideration when
listening to harmonica. Until I, myself, can pull it off seamlessly, I will
always give a little slack to other diatonic artists.

However, allowing oneself to be moved by a performance  is difficult when one
is focusing too much on diatonic problems inherent to  the instrument. Also,
allowing oneself to be moved precludes removing judgement  (head) and going
more towards the feeling (heart).

The Iceman