Re: [Harp-L] Teaching to bend

The inward whistle sounds like a good way to teach a beginner to bend. I remember spending much of one cold winter in my basement, systematically destroying the 2 draw note on about 5 harps as I tried to learn bending. Now, as I suspect most players are after some time playing, I have no idea how I bend, but I just think "bend" and it happens. I'm not all that good at very many harp-related things, but I can bend the low notes on most any harp. Now, if I could just figure out how to translate that into something interesting . . .
Steve Webb in cold Minnesota