[Harp-L] the long and winding road

. . . . so there I was Friday night playing in Athens, Georgia with a great bunch of guys, slept at the harp players house, thank you very much, left Saturday and drove 12 hours straight to Gettysburg, Pa. 12 till 12 am, whew ! Tonight, Sunday, I make the full circle national connection and play with Phipps and Phriends again.
  Went all the way around the nation and "the circle goes unbroken" by hooking up with them again tonight. -  - - - - -  just returned from the gig, it was interesting, the drummer wasn't there, bass and guitar, so I pulled out my snare for the first time during the trip. Every other gig has been with a full band with drummer so it was fun to fill the holes with the snare, a tamborine on my foot and a djembe along with my other bells and whistles, harp and vocals.
  It was fun. One of the things I like about sitting in with differant bands from all over the place is the challange to fit in with what they are doing without ever hearing them before. Keeps me on my toes and demands my attention and concentration, I get bored very easily.
    Well, merry everything to everyone and to all, A Good Night !

  Reach