To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2007 3:09 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] harmonica-piano duos

Awhile back the subject of harmonica-guitar duos came up, and list members named dozens of such partnerships.

What about harmonica-piano duos? I mean, just piano and harp, with nothing else (or nothing significant). You could point out piano players who happened to play in bands where there was also a harmonica player (such as Otis Spann and Lafayette Leake in the Chess recording studios with Little Walter and Rice Miller). But I'm talking about one-on-one partnerships between a harmonica player and a piano player.

I can't think of many.

Sonny Boy Williamson I and and Joshua Altheimer or Blind John Davis

Maybe Sonny Boy II and Memphis Slim

Paul deLay and Janice Scroggins
Toots Thielemans and Kenny Werner
Larry Adler and Ellis Larkins