[Harp-L] Pop tunes on harp

Eugene Ryan asks:

>Did you do these numbers on diatonic
>harp? Would you stick to the same harp
>when a modulation would come up?

Yes and yes.

And Tim Moyer writes:

>Well, what I sent was a song list and not a
>repertoire, which includes many other songs
>that we didn't play in that two hour set I related.

To which I hasten to add that I did not mean to imply that the songs Tim listed constitute his entire repertoire. Same, of course, for the songs that Rob listed. All I meant to say was that I also play some of the songs that each included in his list.

I left a few of my favorites off my list because I was thinking mainly of the bossa novas, but they're great harp tunes:

Nature Boy
Night and Day
My Funny Valentine
Besame Mucho
Love For Sale
This Masquerade Is Over
Samba de Orfeu

More obscurely:

Barcelona Nights (Ottmar Leibert)
Contigo En La Distancia
Emborrachame de Amor
El Farol
La Maza
La Molienda
Moorea
Pegao
Plazo Tracienero
Salsa de Noche

They're not pop tunes here, but are or were in other parts of the world.

George