Re: [Harp-L] Changing the Way You Hold the Harp (long)

Finally chiming in.....

This is a great post - as it's instructive and informative and immediately
relevant regardless of your level of playing.

The single best thing I ever did for my amplified tone was to change my
grip.  I had no clue what I was doing - I played for 17 years before my
first (and only) harmonica lesson, if you don't count a cheesy old "learn
to" tape in my teens. I'd always been a "corn on the cob" holder, for lack
opf a better term, and I hated my amplified tone.  But one day, after I'd
been playing for about 15 years, I got Barrett's chromatic intro book / cd
as a gift, and it discussed hooding the harp, and the importance of a good
seal.  I know this should be basic stuff, but it was mind blowing once I
re-gripped and tried it. I've never looked back. My tone and I are in a much
happier place, suffice to say.

- Blake