[Harp-L] Re: Pleasure of inhaling (was Cheating on your C Harp )

Heeehe,

what Rebecca and Winslow wrote is O-tone Harpie but he wasn´t
allowed to forward a comment to the list.

Rebecca:

<  But  really, the harmonica itself is  kind of
<  phallic, in terms of the shape and the fact that the player
<  becomes the passive receiver of the harmonica.

Orrrps, when the harmonica is phallic in terms of the shape, i.e.
with all its sharp edges, protruding reedplates and above all with
its rectangular profile then I´m really glad not to be a female.

Harpie asked me what that means "to become a passive receiver
of the harmonica"?

Hmmmh, Harpie, that´s an academic question and I´ll try to
explain it to you. Think of 2 boxers. The one is constantly hammering
on his opponent giving him not the least chance of defence and
finally knocks him out. He´s the active one and could be a drummer.

I see, Dad, and the loser is then always a harmonica player. But what
about a harmonica player who knocks out his harp afterwards? Is the
player active then or was he already active when playing?

Harpie, I see that it is wasted time to explain anything to you.

Winslow now:

< While many musical instruments are played only by blowing, the act of
< inhaling on a harmonica is physically not unlike smoking. And like
< smoking, drinking, and eating, it involves bringing something into your
< body that changes your mood. >

Ahaaaah, but inhaling broken draw reeds won´t change the mood but the
understanding that a harmonica is a harmless toy.

Harpie, you have a question yet again?

Yeah, if uncle Winslow is right then Danny Wilson can never change
his mood by inhaling something because he´s a bass player. However,
the solution that Danny too can play "In the mood" is to consider a
bass harp not to be a harmonica but perhaps an extraordinary phallus.

Harpie,Harpie, fortunately, you are not a list subcriber, otherwise, I had
constantly to excuse myself having a son with such an "inhaling" name.

Harpfried

(whoever that may be)