[Harp-L] Train Time: learning the tune

Its seems that the threads pertaining to "Train Time" are getting a little "fierce". Please allow me to off my prospective to all sides of the discussion.
First of all let me say, its a great tune. That tune along with "Room to Move" and "Born in Chicago" were the pieces that got to buy my first harp (Marine Band 1971 Sam Ashe in Brooklyn $2.75 time when the dollar was strong and the Deutche Mark was weak- how things have changed!)
Anyhow there are benefits to learning any tune but to master a tune "ver batum"?

Think about this: A recording whether in the studio or live is a "mark in time" Its a moment when a musician expresses himself/herself and makes a comment to the word. The next moment, that same musician may have something else to say. Jack Bruce was a master improviser on any instrument he played. I am sure there are countless versions of Train Time many never recorded. To master on arrangement is to master one moment in time.
I think there is so much more to be gained learning the fundamentals of the piece; absorbing and assimilating them into your own musical vocabulary.
As I previously stated, if you go to the source (Sonny Terry and De Ford Bailley) you will hear the "train rhythm" techniques as performed by the original masters and hear Jack Bruce's inspiration.
Also, Tony Glover's Blues Harp is still in print. He goes into great detail of train rhythms and has some valuable exercises. I acknowledge the previous discussions that reiterate that he was a good teacher but a less than perfect player. But he has something to offer.
Let me conclude that playing music is like "telling a story" Why put all the effort telling some one else's story Tell your story!