Subject: [Harp-L] Subject: New Clapton, JJCale CD in toto...to play along with..

Jimmy Gordon writes:

"Hi Elizabeth, and all-
This is a great album, long coming. Cale  is the most wonderful Guitarist,
Musician, Songwriter, Engineer,  Producer and human being. His generousity
should not surprise; allowing  all to hear this music;
In his career of recorded music from over 30  years ago to the present day,
Cale has had Harmonica players on a  few  of the recordings. The first was Ed
Colis, who played great  on 'Naturally', the classic debut record. Anyone
know where he's at?  Other Harmonicists on Cale recordings include Charlie
McCoy, Terry  McMillian, Junior Markham...and me- on the Live album recorded
at  Carnegie Hall.
On this new one it is Taj Mahal.  Although all the  records are very guitar
oriented it is all about the music with him, he  is known as a master of
groove. I cannot describe how honored and  pleased I am to have played so
many gigs with John over the last 20  years or more.
Of all the well known musicians I have had the pleasure  of playing with he
is the best.

If the album is purchased here a  portion of the proceeds benefit Music in
the Schools  Today-
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000I5X81A/therosebudage-20

After  shows with Cale I have overheard many times fans say to him
"I sure  like that Skynyrd song you played"...or Clapton, or Santana,  Deep
Purple, Maria Muldaur, The Band etc....they didn't realize that  Cale wrote
them all.
He is just the finest, funniest and at the  same time most serious and
excellent I've heard, and Clapton has been  singing his praises for decades.
Now the collaboration is here, with  the last recording of the great Billy
Preston, and many other special  guests.
Rock On,
Jimmy Gordon"

.....thanks for such a great and informative response.  NOW  I realize why
your own CD "Come on Over" (which I enjoy very much)  reminded me of this
CD....and yet I had no idea of your  previous connection with JJ Cale.  Too cool,
Mr. G.   <G>

 I've been making the most of listening in to Road to  Escondido on my
computer..and will make sure to buy the CD from  the link you posted.  I hope you
and the rest of the  Filisko gang and Buzz......as well as hopefully a lot more
diatonic players will be at Buckeye 2007?  Last year was just  not the same
without you guys....much too quiet in fact.   ;)

Elizabeth