Re:[Harp-L] Was Harmonica Player vs Harp Player

I like the distinction between harp player and harmonica player. We need
not fewer harp players but more harmonica players. I think we are moving
in that direction, and harp-l is a part of that. When Kim Fields writes
the next edition of "Harmonicas, Harps and Heavy Breathers" in, say, 25
years :-) I think there are some things he will need to cover as essential
elements in the advancement of the instrument [in no particular order]:
1]harp-l's affect on the instrument
2]the internet in general and its effect
3]Howard Levy's seminars at the Augusta Heritage Workshops [right here in
my home state of West Virginia!]
4] the influence of Filisko and his cohorts on the diatonic instrument.[I
realize he covered that some, though I think he underplayed Filsko's
influence]
5] The influence of Bonfiglio's seminars for diatonic players
transitioning to chromatic. This one hasn't been realized yet, though I
hope it will be. I know that attending Bonfiglio's seminar in New York a
couple of years ago changed my musical life; I hope that Robert continues
to do these.[On a personal note, I have come to love the chromatic
harmonica and continue to try to learn how to play the damn thing :-) Much
of this is due to the foundation that Bonfiglio's seminar helped
establish. If you are at all interested in playing the chro and want a
jump start, I encourage you to attend the Bonfiglio seminars.]

Anybody care to list other things that have contributed to the advancement
of the instrument in our time?
WVa Bob