Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Train Time

In a message dated 2/5/2007 9:54:19 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
leone@xxxxxxxx writes:

On  Feb 5, 2007, at 1:24 AM, Harpburns@xxxxxxx wrote:
        I by no means want to further  and controversy either, I just want to
clarify something I said in an earlier  post. I made a comment about whether
something said was bull*&% or not. I  personally believed everything that was
said in that post, I was merely trying  to make the point that whether you
believe it not, feeling good and being  nostalgic wasn't reason to rip on
somebody else. I brought up the subject of  Train Time a few weeks back because of my
own feelings of nostalgia upon  hearing it on the way home from Kentucky to
Catskill NY. This all stems from the  fact that I had attended my Aunt's
funeral down home who had been a musician  herself at church her entire life and
always supported me playing music  too.
        As an interesting aside and  to the show importance of heritage to a
southern boy like me, my aunt had my  grandfather's old C melody sax in the
smoke house on the family farm. One day I  pulled it out and looked at it AGAIN
and she told me that since I had taught  myself to play sax that I could use
it if I wanted but not to let it get  away from me. I still have that sax more
than 30 years later and have had it  rebuilt by a pro 3 times since and love
to play funk and blues in E with it.  They's gotta be a blues song in there
somewhere about that sax bein' in that  smoke house soakin' up the smoke and
ambience of hanging around those home made  country hams. Thanks for letting me be
nostalgic again.
        Peace Love and Collard  greens
           Randy

> Hi all-
> Wow, I didn't at all mean to cause a  controversy here, and I
> certainly didn't
> mean to be a  bragger.

'I' didn't see any bragging?

> Maybe I was wrong to  say I learned the song in it's
> entirety, meaning note for note. It was  many years ago, and I
> really and truly
> did "have the  song down" with a week of practicing. For some reason
> I was  able
> to hear the notes and find them on the harp (albeit upside  down).

I read it three times. I don't know what you're apologizing  for?
It's getting to the point where we can't even talk  anymore without
causing some consternation. Do we all need to hire  professional
speech writers. I can't affford it   :)
smo-joe