Re: Subject: Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Train Time

On Feb 6, 2007, at 12:12 AM, EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:

Smo-Joe writes in response to my post:

" I was able to play Robert Bonfiglio's version of Sleepwalk on  my
> chromatic
> within a couple of tries the first day I heard it  on his CD....
> but I assure
> you I don't sound remotely as good as  him, and never will.

I happened to like your version. I thought it had heart. And heart is
something I don't hear a lot of lately.
smo-joe

....wow. Coming from the "Featured Artist" on Slidemeister this is very nice indeed. Thanks, Smo-Joe...much appreciated. You sure make a newcomer to this world feel better about always trying to play "with feeling".

Elizabeth

Dear Liz. When I heard about your apprehension of playing at a festival, I remember offering to stand up there with you, and that we could line up a chord and bass player. Well, I didn't have to hear but 6 notes, and knew that I was going to have an easy time doing harmony. There are a lot of players whom are blazingly fast. There are others who can handle excruciatingly difficult pieces. But when it comes to pleasant, that's where you fit in. Some players go through the motions but don't put in the feeling. I think that partly because you were scared and wanted desperately to do a decent job that your quivering actually BECAME vibrato. Please don't loose that innocence. I look forward to playing with you again.
jo-jo