RE [Harp-L] Lip (herpes simplex 1) sores a.k.a. harp adversity.

DMoriarity wrote: <snip>

<<A terrible sore on my lip (I'm on topical and oral medication) at a  point
where I have quite a few musical obligations. Anyone have any experience  with
chronic or recurrent lip sores and expediting recovery. And yes I know it's
a pretty "gross" subject.>>

As a health care professional you may have heard of this already. Oil of
oregano is being more widely recognized as a natural cure for many ailments of
the mouth, mucus membranes, sinuses, etc. A quick google search will list a
ton of info. I recently suffered from a bout of salivary gland infection  that
made it very painful to play harp. My doctor prescribed an antibiotic but a
naturalpath friend of mine turned me on to oregano oil and it seemed to help
quite a bit. She told me that she recommends it for all mouth related problems.
You take it sublingually or can be applied directly to the affected skin
area.  Warning: it's very spicy and might sting if you rub it on a sore. I have no
idea  how it might react with the meds you're already taking, but it didn't
seem to  have any contra-reactions with the antibiotic I was on (biaxin). Might
be worth  a shot. The only downside is that you may smell like a pizza.

t. albanese