Re: [Harp-L] Lip (herpes simplex 1) sores a.k.a. harp adversity.

If you're spending a lot of time playing, be careful that you're not
also experiencing an allergic reaction to nickel or other material
in the harp itself.  Also, as Mark Wilson wisely suggested to me
once, many commercial toothpastes can aggrevate mouth/lip conditions
(particularly canker sores), as can excesses of ascorbic acid
(commonly occuring as vitamin C in suppliments, and as a
preservative in everything).

The rest of this is common sense stuff: make sure you keep the
affected area from drying and cracking, which can be worse than the
affliction itself; keep the harps as clean as possible to avoid
carrying infection into the site; don't share your instruments with
anyone.

-tim