[Harp-L] [HARP-L} Re: sores

Yes, Cold sores and canker sores are different. Canker sores are white bumps/lesions inside the lips or on the toungue, can be extremely painful. Cold sores are usually on the outside of the lip where the lip tissue meets regular skin. They are ugly but don't hurt too much.

I used to suffer from canker sores - they are so painful they can make playing impossible. I tolerate chocolate and many other foods perfectly well - but walnuts are a sure-fire recipe for canker sores for me. Interestingly, I can eat pecans - but not walnuts. I do not take Lysine on a regular basis. However WHENEVER I feel first feel a sore coming on, or even if I bite my lip or cheek hard enough to break the skin, I take Lysine IMMEDIATELY - 1000mg once or twice a day for the next few days until I know the non-canker-sore is healing fine. Since I discovered this I have simply not had any more problems. If you feel that weird tingle that MIGHT evolve into a canker sore 2 days later, DO NOT WAIT. Take Lysine. Works extremely well for me. If you don't wait and the sore evolves, Lysine will still help it to heal faster and prevent it from spreading - but if you learn to recognize the symptoms early, at least for me, Lysine is an absolute panacea.

/Greg

http://www.blowsmeaway.com
http://www.bluestateband.net