[Harp-L] Re: syphillis, gonorhea, and typhus

Just kidding.

scroll to the bottom for my latest response to this thread.

> Bob Laughlin wrote:
> =====================
> Here's a chart listing the ratio of lysine/arginine in foods. The higher
the lysine and lower the arginine, the better to counteract herpes by
nutritional means.

> http://www.herpes.com/Nutrition.shtml
> ================================
>
> Unfortunately the chart is of little use, because in almost every case
there is little difference in the ratio of the two items.  The ratio varies
around 2.5/1 lysine/arginine plus or minus a little.

> --
> Paul

The ratios I read (from the chart that is "of little use") say 3/1
lysine/arginine to .185, or less than 1/5 lysine/arginine. That's quite a
difference, and could have a considerable impact on someone who is
susceptible to these mouth sores.

Maybe it's of "little use" to you, since you don't seem to believe in the
relationship of nutrition to susceptibility.

The pain of playing harmonica through a bout of mouth sores can be
alleviated to a great extent through proper nutrition. This has been my
experience. Take it or leave it.

Bob