[Harp-L] Playing the Top Octave on a C Harp

I've been practicing the top octave more on my Golden Melody in C.

The thing I LOVE about the high notes is that quick breathing patterns and
slides are SO MUCH more articulate there than at the bottom or middle of the
harp.

However, I think it is much more difficult to get a good tone on sustained
notes and slow passages on the top of the harp than it is on the middle and
bottom on the harp.

The three problems I've isolated are:

1) The intonation on the draw bends and overblows is easier for me to control
than the intonation of the blow bends and overdraws.

2) It sounds ok to use the blow bends and overdraws as passing notes, but
when I try to stay on any of them the tone SUCKS.

3) "Compressing" my hand position around the harp makes the tone warmer on
all of the high notes, but also sometimes activates the low reeds thru some kind
of back pressure. I hate this.

Thanks in advance for any advise you can offer me.

-Steve

www.stevemarchena.com