Re: [Harp-L] Re: A little harmonica humor

I see at least a few of these artists go to the trouble of depicting the
harmonica with reasonable accuracy. It was always the custom in the
'golden age of comics' to depict the harp with the holes facing away
from the players mouth. The same reasoning applied to the depiction of
cheese, which likewise always had to have holes, otherwise you wouldn't
know it was supposed to be cheese (Oddly enough I never saw cheese with
holes in it as a kid. My mother always bought the Kraft cheddar stuff
that tasted like soap - but I still knew that cartoon cheese had to have
holes) Quite a few of these comix follow this time honoured tradition
too. Of course, they could be double-sided harmonicas......
RD

>>> "Cara Cooke" <cyberharp@xxxxxxxxx> 8/02/2007 15:08:12 >>>
I have enjoyed perusing those harptoons periodically.  I glad you keep
them
and share them with us.  Thanks.

Cara Cooke
www.cyberharp.isonfire.com
http://manchacaallstars.tripod.com

On 2/7/07, BassHarp <bassharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For those who may have missed the harmonica humor in the comics (the
> first post by Bill Hines
> was actually the 2nd day of the Pickles "run"), I posted them both,
> together with a Bizarro that
> also appeared in the Feb 6 issues, at the bottom of the giglist at:
> http://www.bassharp.com/bh-itin.htm
>
> However, I have since removed them, but in their place inserted a
link
> to my page of harmonica
> related 'toons.
>
> I have saved many over the years, and they can be viewed at:
> http://www.bassharp.com/harptoon.htm
>
> These include the long stretch of Pete Pedersen in Gasoline Alley by
our
> very own Jim Scancarelli,
> with his blessing, and also the For Better or For Worse strip by
Lynn