RE: [Harp-L] Playing harmonica in a rack?

Regarding Bob Dylan, he has played harp by itself on other people's records and in concert.  There is plenty of video footage of him playing harp with both hands during the Rolling Thunder Revue tour in the mid-70s.  Also, he currently plays piano rather than guitar in concert, so he plays harp with one hand and piano chords with the other.  I have also seen him walk over to a freestanding microphone in the middle of the stage and just sing and play harp with no other instrument, although this was a rare occurrence.

As always, I would recommend against bashing Dylan's harp playing too much unless you are very familiar with his catalogue.  He is capable of much more than what you hear on "Blowin' in the Wind".

Jonathan Metts