[Harp-L] New fender amp coming soon.

On Tuesday afternoon, I was at Fender world headquarters where I was invited to try out several new amps. I tried several prototype SWR bass rigs that sounded awesome for my type of playing. I also tried several prototype fender tube amps.  The one that stood out the most for blues playing is called the Fender "57"  Everything is point to point wired and a 12" celestion blue speaker sits inside a black laquered maple cabinet.  At 17w this thing is a tone monster. The tube configuration is two 12ax7s and 2 6L6 with ??? rec tube. I asked them to swap out one of the 12ax7 for an 12AU7 and it sounded pretty damn incredible to my "blues" ears. I don't know what the MSRP is going to be as this little monster is still in the prototype phase.  There were a couple of them at NAMM if you happened to stop by the booth.

I asked them about more harmonica specific amps and it's something they've been tossing around. At this point it's very possible I will have a hand in that in the near future.  Since I'm not really a blues guy, I ask you what you're looking for in the ultimate blues harp amp.