[Harp-L] Re: harp amps

All the breakup comes from the player, the amp can only give you so  much. No
feedback, that's what we really want to hear, a beginner or someone who
can't play be extremely loud while they do it. I could easily notch out
frequencies to make my amp as loud as Kinder or anyone else, but I chose to  have the
player in control, grow with it. It still gets loud enough, but a  player has
to have the air to push it. We all have to learn to control our air,  I have
had this conversation with many guys who were hindered in their growth  due to
amps being loud without them having to create any air. Their tone was  awful,
yet they were fooled into thinking they were making the sound.  We  live in
times where we want everything easy. Playing harp and learning it is  hard
enough. No tube swapping in the new amp, all in the tone controls. 40  pounds, hope
that isn't too much for anyone. If so, I have a Bowflex for sale.  Just
kidding. We all know what you want. Gary, I will send that book back to  you,
someone else is going to grab one and make the CD, I won't have time to get  to the
studio, he just bought a gizmo to make records into CD's. The  instructional
record was not as good as I thought, it is actually on a page in  full
downloaded. If you know how to take something from your computer, download  it, 18
minutes worth, and make a CD, then you got it. Otherwise when he sends me  a copy
I will send it to you. My seminars will be much more advanced than the
record.