Re: [Harp-L] the new Filisko & Noden Live CD

I couldn't agree more. Joe is a master player in every sense of the word. I love his new CD and he and Eric have a great sound. This is essential for anyone who loves the harmonica.
  Grant Dermody

Peter and Connie Ruth <conruth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  The new Filisko & Noden Live CD is outstanding!

For years Joe Filisko has been diligently studying the techniques of
the blues harmonica players who recorded back in the 1920s, 1930s and
1940s such as Gwen Foster, Walter ?Red? Parham, Johnny Woods, Daddy
Stovepipe, Will Shade, John Lee ?Sonny Boy? Williamson, and Sonny
Terry. And Joe didn?t just learn a few licks, he mastered these
styles. I think of him as a master linguist who doesn?t just know a
few phrases in several foreign languages but has become completely
fluent in multiple languages. Thank you Joe, for preserving so many
of these all-but-lost harmonica techniques.

And thanks to Joe?s partner, Eric Noden, who is carrying on the
sounds of the old blues guitar playing masters.

I highly recommend this CD. Put it on, sit back, and enjoy some
beautifully recorded wonderful old-time music free from the
omnipresent hiss of the old 78 rpm records.

Peter Madcat Ruth
madcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.madcatmusic.net