Re: [Harp-L] Jim Zeller: French Canadian harp player

Zig said:

Hi,
Look up this guy if you want to hear one hot canadian harpist: No we're not related; we just share the same last name!
http://www.jimzeller.com/index2.html

Jim Zeller is a fabulous Montreal harp player and improviser. Probably one of the best improvisers on blues harp in many styles. A lot of his stuff is just plain crazy, but it works and its fun. Unfortunately he sings much more than he plays on most of his albums.

The best venue to see him is at the Tremblant Blues Festival in July in late night bar jam sessions after the mains shows have ended.

BTW, this festival is a gem, all shows are free and there are some big names. But the best stuff is the after hour shows. So if you want to go for a trip, highly recomended. Tremblant is 90 miles north of Montreal in the scenic Laurentian mountains.

If you would like a great blues CD for harp, actually mostly R&B standards, see:

http://www.carltremblay.qc.ca/

Pierre.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don" <dzeller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Look up this guy if you want to hear one hot canadian harpist: No we're not related; we just share the same last name!
http://www.jimzeller.com/index2.html
Zig