[Harp-L] Re: harp amps

That would be a perfect situation, but rarely happens. Monitors if you have
someone working the board can cause problems, which is why many harp players I
 talk with want their amp to sound strong enough so they can hear it on
stage.  Wattage, that is another issue. No matter who makes it, you are not going
to get  the full wattage unless you are pegged all the way on every control.
With a hi Z  mic, that is not going to happen. I have my tubes set up so a harp
player can  saturate the power tubes by being able to play at level 6-7
volume, sending a  strong signal which they control with their mic or their hands.
Even then they  are using maybe 25 out of the 40 watts. And probably 18 - 20 on
the new amp.  Where you stand in relation to the monitors will determine if
you are just going  to be feeding back all night. And getting guitar players to
stop inching up  their volume controls, well, good luck. Especially with two
of them. This has  been the single most issue in my 12 years of building amps
and I have tried to  make it happen. From reading the reviews you will see
that number one their tone  is heard in a totally different way, and guitar
players are now telling THEM to  turn down. You always mic any amp, it has to be in
the house. I would use a  Kalamazoo in a duo, or trio at best, micing it, but
other than that, with drums,  bass, two guitars, sometimes an organ, you need
on stage volume. If you have the  perfect sound man running your sound and
kicking you up during solos with out  feedback, good luck.