[Harp-L] HarpGear 2 Review

Well I finally decided to invest in a new amp and chose the HarpGear 2.
Brian was very helpful and answered all of my questions to help me get
comfortable with my purchase decision.  The testimonials from Dennis, Jason,
and Iceman also helped sway my decision.  I was not disappointed.  First of
all, I've never seen anything packed for shipping like this amp was packed.

So I took the HG2 to the Natchel` Blues Network Blues Jam this past Sunday.
I had a chance to really blow it out because there were six harp players in
the house and they all got a chance to test drive it.  It also gave me a
perfect chance to hear it from the audience perspective.   Everyone was very
impressed with the look, feel, compact size, and most importantly the tone
of the HG2.

The first thing I learned is that some mics sounded better than others.
While I attribute some of this to harp player style, I'm sure mic design
(elements, etc.) probably played a part.  Overall, I felt the the  Fireball
V sounded the best through the amp.  The Fireball's clean sound combined
with the HG2's growl was great combination.  However, my good friend Jack
Campbell's Bushman Torpedo was also smoking.  I still have some
experimenting to do in this area.

As happens at most jams, we had a lot of guitar players,  A lot of  LOUD
guitar players.  A lot of VERY LOUD guitar players.  At first I tried going
with the amp only but finally had to use the line out option.  This made all
the difference in the world (under statement).  Once I hooked into the HG2
into PA I was able to compete with the guitar bangers quite nicely. AND the
tone through the PA was just as advertised, full, classic Chicago sound.

First impressions are important and the HG2 made a great first impression.
More to follow....

And for the record, I have no financial interest or affiliation with
HarpGear.

Bobby
http://bobbyblackhat.com