Re: [Harp-L] playing horn lines

Dear Lance, Till recently, I played in a band where we had as many as 3 saxs going. I would play lead chromo with one sax in harmony, then another sax would play lead with me in harmony. THE other sax would be backup only. The really swell sounds were at the ends of the phrases. On tunes like Song for my Father, Little Sunflower, Petite Fleur, Round Midnight, or The Mooch, the combinations of 3rds, 5ths and 7ths 'could be' breathtaking (on a good night, that is). One of the reasons I hardly play at a fest is that I can't get that recipe again........oh no.......o-oh.............no - o - o ooooooooooo.

smokey joe (& the cafe s)