Re: [Harp-L] Alex Harvey

In a message dated 2/13/2007 5:14:37 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
mox.g@xxxxxxx writes:

       Man 'o' man, you played harp for  Alex Harvey? That's what it said on
the album cover Alex Harvey--Harmonica. I  had a very good buddy at the time
and he pointed it out to me. He was way  way into Alex Harvey and turned me on
to him. He made a comment about  how loose his harp sounded to him on Shake
That Thing. A great  musician like him could have learned to play in the interim
between you  playing and that album coming out I suppose. This has been great
 talking about him 'cause every time I do the recorder in my head plays
something different.
 "Listen up boys and girls and I'll tell you the story of the great  Stone
Eater........................................And another tree dies of  shame"
God I loved that dude.
      Randy

            Hi  guys
I didn't know that Alex played harp, at least he didn't in the '60 when  he
came down from Scotland and  hired me to do it, but that was before he  became
musical director for the London version of Hair ;circa '68.
Sorry I  can't help with any information on his career in the '70's, as far
as health is  concerned he was suffering from a stomach ulcer but I doubt that
it killed  him.
He had a younger brother called Leslie, an amazing guitarist who ,  sadly,
died electrocuted on stage during a performance of THE Glasgow blues band  Stone
The Crows featuring Maggie Bell.
Wow, this is turning into one sad  post, even if it has sparked some happy
memories, I think I'll stop here
Mox