Re: Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Loud extreme amps/ Subject Re: Jason Ricci Acoustic?

In a message dated 2/13/2007 8:18:25 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
EGS1217@xxxxxxx writes:

I  have extremely sensitive hearing...and one could  perhaps not be faulted
for attributing my defense of Jason to the  fact that he's a good  personal
friend but for the fact that Smo-Joe, yet  another  "sensitive hearing"
person...and
no fan of high volumes (like me)   said the very same thing about Jason and
his band as I have...that  for  some reason he finds JR&NB easy to listen to
precisely   because they DON'T go past that level into "painful".

      What? Did somebody say something? I can't  hear for the ringing in my
ears. Hearing protection is no joke for sure though.  I have tinitus pretty bad
because I didn't protect my hearing. I was shooting  when I was 8, standing
in front of some loud guitar players amp by 12, and  helped race a quarter mile
drag car when I became an adult, all without ear  plugs. Thank God I was
forced to wear them at work or I would be completely deaf  I would think. I keep
hearing about Jason Ricci so much that I have to go  see him sometime. I hope
he's in NYC the next time I'm in Manhattan. I'll be  playing at number 9
Bleeker in about a month. I hope to see some of yall  there.
         Randy