Re: [Harp-L] Jazz standards on the Diatonic

Well, from the Ellington songbook, you could include:

 Mood Indigo (first theme, second position requires an overblow)

 The Mooche (third position w/o an OBs)

 Creole Love call (both melody and countermelody)

 East St.Louis Toodle-oo (third position)

 Black & Tan Fantasy

 C-Jam Blues (nearly any position)

 Things Ain't what they Used to Be

 It Don't Mean a Thing (if it ain't got that swing)

For further explorations, you could go by bandleader (Basie, Goodman,
Cab Calloway, Lunceford, etc.) and/or by composer (Gershwin, Cole
Porter, etc.) and also bring into more recent times with people like
Michel Legrand, Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter, Miles Davis, etc.

Winslow