Re: Subject: Re: Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Loud extreme amps/ SubjectRe:Jason Ricc

Just don't forget to give it a quick glance in case you accidentally picked out a $10 bill before you start a-masticating. :-)

I've suffered from tinnitus on one side for many years and I find that playing the harmonica is very therapeutic. Fortunately for me, it's not the type that leads to deafness. Recently it's got worse, so I'll just have to improve my tone and projection to drown it out.

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm

As they age, men lose their high frequency response more and sooner than do women. I'll bet an audiologist would find a substantial difference between your hearing and that of your husband. My hearing aids boost the high frequencies but my low frequency response is normal. My wife has lost some response at all frequiencies. She can hear the high frequency "beeps" of personal electronics when I cannot. I can hear the doves and owls outside when she can't.

At an outdoor concert a few years ago, we were seated very close to a huge speaker stack. I chewed up a deposit slip from my check book and put the paper pulp in my ears.

Vern

Get Hotmail, News, Sport and Entertainment from MSN on your mobile. http://www.msn.txt4content.com/