Re: [Harp-L] Bending intonation...the regular kind

This can be a two front approach, especially for jazz. Work on your bending intonation until it is consistant and you like the way it sounds. Then, back off or adapt your "given" notes to where they match more to how you deal with the notes created through bending technique. Eventually you may arrive at a more "seamless" overall approach and sound to your instrument.

The Iceman

-----Original Message-----
From: mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx

Any tips for working on bending intonation?  I can hit
the available 2 and 3 (all three) bends in pitch, but
I don't like my intonation. I tend to articulate most
notes, especially bends and I don't know if that has
something to do with it.  I think I make a sort of "t"
sound with my tongue.

I think I have a "blues" intonation where I tend to
wail on the bends.  That's usually perfect for the
stuff I play, but after hearing some of the jazz cats,
I'd like to have better control.

Lately I've been playing a lot of 4th and 11th and the
three bends, while in pitch, tend to not sound right.
I thought I was pitchy, but then I checked with a
tuner, guitar player, and bass player.