Re: [Harp-L] Bending intonation...the regular kind

thinking about the mechanic of note generation is going to make you a stiff player.  Get your head out of the equation and just play.  Do you think about where your tongue is when you're talking, singing, humming or whistling? Nope...  do do it with the harmonica either. Focus on creating the tone/pitch etc in your body and then just play it on the harmonica.

I can count on one hand the number of harmonica players in the world, that I would classify has having great acoustic tone. You body already know how to generate any tone you want (within a range of course), learn to make music with your body before your put a harp to your mouth. Air trumpet anybody?  Your air trumpet is going to help you a lot more than listening to a bunch of people who can't really do it. Listen to yourself.

Play!

Chris Michalek