[Harp-L] Re: Loud extreme amps

Smo-Jo wrote:
"... Many years ago I was at a Paul DeLay show. I

couldn't stay. It was too loud. I think that
129.75 Roentgens is too loud. I recently quit a
band because of the volume. When are these sound?
guys gonna wise up? ... p.s. I think the size and
SHAPE of the venue has a lot to do with it. There
are times when ANYONE sounds loud."

   Our band got too electric for its own good in
the small coffeehouse where we played. After the
manager unbooked us, we came back in a new
incarnation with only the vocals slightly amped.
Works great in the venue and is a lot easier,
gear and setup-wise. As a tinitis sufferer, I
love it. I even notice now that the sound is WAY
too loud in movie theaters. The concommitant rise
in the number of loud talkers generally is one
result of all this over-amping, IMHO. Just my .02
worth.

Bob Loomis
Concord CA

Looking for earth-friendly autos?