Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Loud extreme amps/ Re: Jason Ricci Acoustic?

Sheesh

In a message dated 2/14/2007 11:24:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
EGS1217@xxxxxxx writes:

iceman "analyzes" my post to someone  else:

"Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 10:05:39 -0500
From:   icemanle@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Loud extreme  amps/  Subject Re:
Jason Ricci      Acoustic?

"Elizabeth:

I'd think you'd be more tolerant   of other people's opinions and not let
your
personal attachment and   feelings towards Jason influence your editorial."

......First, it  was a post not an "editorial", so kindly desist from
editorializing  about my posts.
Second, clearly you somehow missed where I specifically  said  that my
feelings for Jason were NOT a  factor...

"Gary is certainly entitled to his opinion, which will  no  doubt - not -
keep
anyone from going to see  Jason."

....Wrong.  Something said negatively about an artist  in a  public forum
such
as this CAN have a negative impact on that  artist's  income if someone who
read the negative press  believed  it was current then decided against
spending
their money to  go out to  a show.  What part of that isn't logical?

...My  response to what Sonny said was also colored by other  information
about Amps you aren't privy to.

... Further...I was suggesting  that his statement of  "blinding volume" was
perhaps referring to  something that  might possibly have been true some time
ago,  but  not necessarily today.

....For that matter, just when was  the last time YOU  actually saw or heard
Jason play in person?   My point was  (for those like you who clearly missed
it)...is that  even in these  past two years he has grown so much as an
artist,
his  band  changed with a newer sound and vibe...judging him on something
one
might have heard years ago is simply outdated.

....So  perhaps reading JUST a tad more carefully might be the  better
option?

"As much as I love Jason and his  playing"

....you do?  How nice to hear that!   I  would never  have surmised you did
from your earlier post   implying he supposedly won the Mars award by
"fraud".
What a  happy  surprise!

"his volume and the sheer number of notes  and sustained high energy  are too
much after 45 minutes or so for  this middle aged guy."

...oh.  I'd no idea what age group you  fell into, other  than your several
comments of expanding your mind  through LSD in the  60's/70's(?)...which I
might
have extrapolated to  guess your age, but  didn't bother.  Most of the other
"middle-aged" (and older) folks who  were grooving to his playing at  SPAH
and
Buckeye didn't react that way at  all, but as you say, to  each his own.

"Does that make me wrong? No. Does that insult Jason?  No"

....no, of course it doesn't make you "wrong".  And if  you'd  just clear
something up for me, just where have I said that it  does?   Please point me
to any
post of mine where I've written  "iceman or  Larry Eisenberg is wrong and
insulting to Jason because  he can't sit  through a JR & NB show".  I'd love
re-read  where I ever made  any such claim.

"You can never please  everybody. Everyone is  entitled to their life
experience opinions  and should be respected for  voicing such, as long as it
is not
stated as "THIS IS THE WAY IT  IS".
The  Iceman"

...Quite.  As I'm entitled to voice mine, or am I  somehow  excepted from
having an opinion in your  scenario?

"btw, having done workshops with Jason in which he only  played  acoustic
harmonica, he does indeed sound great without   amplification."

....Btw, Jason sounds astonishing with AND  without  amplification, as anyone
who's heard him within the last  several years is  aware.  Judging him by
something they might  have heard years ago was  the entire point of my post,
since
there's  no grass growing underneath  that boy's feet.

Elizabeth