Re: [Harp-L] Timbre, pitch, intonation

As I thought about it... timbre to me is the "feel" of a note.... Example: Let's say you play an A-flat note on a chromatic harmonica.... then you play an A-flat on a C harp, which I believe is the third bend in the 3 draw hole..... Both notes would be the A-flat... but I bet they would sure sound different...
either that or timbre is what is in the woods behind my house.
Steve "Moandabluz" Webb
A fool in Minnesota (for the harp)

-----Original Message----- From: shocklee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx Sent: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 1:10 PM Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Timbre, pitch, intonation

Timbre suggests to me something of texture, not exactly tone, but an element of
it. Like the physical feel of the sound, maybe the percussive element.

Robert Frost said poetry requires an apprenticeship to texture. I like that.

Shockley