Re: [Harp-L] Should I use a lineout or mic my amp?

If this amp is the same set up as the one Brian demo'd with me through the BOSE PAS system, use the line out. It shouldn't turn off the speaker and the direct signal sounds just as good as the natural one. A combo of both will be killer.

The Iceman

-----Original Message-----
From: mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx; brian@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 3:48 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Should I use a lineout or mic my amp?

I have the Harpgear.com Double Trouble.  Tonight I
want to use it, but it will need some assistance.  It
has a lineout, but I don't know what signal it sends
out.  Does it get the same signal as the speaker
(meaning the lineout will sound like the preamp and
power tubes)?

Do I only lose the sound of the speaker by doing that?
 Someone once told me that the lineout of an amp just
sends out the tone of the preamp.  I don't know as
I've never used the lineout before.

I have plenty of time for a sound check, but then
again, I don't want to sound like a total idiot in
front of the sound guy ;)

Thanks,

Mike Fugazzi
http://www.myspace.com/mikefugazzi
http://www.niterail.com

"Music should be healing; music should uplift the soul; music should inspire.
There is no better way of getting closer to God, of rising higher towards the
spirit, of attaining spiritual perfection than music, if only it is rightly
understood."
-Hazrat Inayat Khan