Re: [Harp-L] Improving the harmonica

Robert Coble <robertpcoble@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The TurboHarp TurboLids (IMHO) meet all three of these suggested
> improvements.
> 2. The covers are airtight, and pop apart for easy maintenance.

yes, the turbolid is just what i had in mind with that one.

sadly, i don't find them useful other than that.
i like the idea of them quite a bit.  but they don't feel right in my hand;
they feel kinda big and clumsy.  and they don't play well for me.  i have a
hard time getting a clean tone, and they feel slow and unresponsive.  don't
know why.

harps are a personal thing.  i'm glad turbolids work well for others, but they
don't work well for me.  which really speaks to the perennial "what harp
should i buy?" threads.  it's good that people are so willing to chime in
with advice here, but the fact is that you won't know what works for you
until you try it.  and what works for you as a beginner may well change
over time.

life is like that sometimes.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
'Cause I promised myself this year
I feel like I owe it...to someone.