Re: [Harp-L] improving the harmonica (SBS harps)

On 16/02/07, Rick Dempster <rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't have one at hand as I write Winslow, but am I not correct in saying that the 'teeth' of the comb are wider than on the smaller diatonics, and hence the holes further apart? and if that's so, why? I don't mind it being fatter, broader or longer. RD

Well, the 364 and 365 Marine Band harmonicas, including, of course, the SBS, use chromatic harmonica reeds, and, if I am not mistaken, they also have the same distance between reeds as chromatic harmonicas (same tool, with half the slots left out). This is probably the reason, why these harmonicas have the wider spacing.

Cheers,
Fernando