Re: [Harp-L] re: was timbre etc, now music theory

All I can say is that, in 1996, at the age of 46, I did a year's evening classes in GCSE music (the UK high school 16+ exam course) and took the exam. I did quite well as it happens (I won't brag), but the main thing is that it provided me, undeniably, with the starting point for attaining a much deeper appreciation of what I was doing in my untutored harmonica endeavours. Whether it made me play better in the long run is a moot point (I think it probably did), but you'll have to ask my friends that and I'm not going to give you their phone numbers.

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm