Re: [Harp-L] Separating the chaff

Great idea Joe!
RD

>>> Joe and Cass Leone <leone@xxxxxxxx> 16/02/2007 17:19:39 >>>

For years we have been seeing this contest and that contest (ad
nauseum) for harmonica players, blues, jazz, country, blue grass.
Why not a contest for the manufacturers? Didn't we once HAVE that? I
mean, why not a Grand Prix for the manufacturers cup? Weren't there
medallions pressed into the covers of Hohners, Seydels and a myriad
of other European harmonicas at one time. Vienna, Berlin, Paris,
Cleveland? What?...... we're supposed to let them all rest on their
proverbial laurels?

Here's my plan. First of all there are too many harmonicas. Well, let

me re-phrase. Too many models. Putting the spotlight only on
diatonics  and chromos (for now), this is my breakdown. Prices are
arbitrary, and only used as a guide to show relativity.

1.... diatonic..... 0-$8.49 (beginner, gift, or stocking stuffer)
2.... diatonic.....$8.50-$28.49 (intermediate, student, learner,
serious)
3.... diatonic.....$28.50-$95.49 (professional, custom, tweaked,
special, studio)
4.... diatonic.....above $95.50

1.... chromo.....0-$63.99 (beginner, gift, prize)
2.... chromo.....$64.oo-$215.oo (intermediate, student, learner,
serious)
3.... chromo.....$215.oo-$725.oo (professional, concert)
4.... chromo.....above $725.oo

Just like in the car, motorcycle, boat, snowmobile, waverunner, RV,
travel trailer world, a group of 100 harmonica players are assembled
and test these harmonicas in these CLASSES.

Qualification(s)... player must have been heard of by 1000
people...ANY people
Loose qualif........ player cannot be an endorser of any existing
brand...(conflict of interest)

The testers receive the harps to test. You don't want to submit
harps. Fine, don't bother trying to sell any. You don't want to
compete. Fine, shut your doors, and start making disposable pens. You

want to keep making junk. Fine, go into the scrap metal business.

The problem right now (as 'I' see it) is that by the time you try
every harp, it took you 53.6 years and $12,413.50. See, THAT's what
they want. That's what they want. If they can sell everyone just ONE
harp or several gajillion people a couple harps, they have their
money. And what do YOU have? You have what I have been reading here
for 10 1/2 years. "Hey, I got this (insert harp name) and the #4
draw..yada yada yada", or "They can put a man on the moon, so why
can't I get the 6-7 draw bend in 9th position to yada yada".

Naah, we need an international competition for MANUFACTURERS. Now
let's see, what bank should I use to set up the 'super-fund'?

smokey-joe's bizare world