Re: [Harp-L] re: was timbre etc, now music theory

In a message dated 2/20/2007 1:21:28 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
garry@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

          UUUUUUHHHHH I grew  up listening to Monk, John Coltrane, Herbie
Mann (I jammed to Herbie Mann when I  was 16) Antonio Carlos...........so on and
so forth. Whatever my Mom had I  played it on the stereo too. She loves Mose
Allison also. I've done jazz stuff  on sax for money. I still don't read very
fast and the fact of the matter is,  jazz just don't float my boat, can ye dig
it? It's looks smarter to walk around  Manhattan with a Miles Davis album
under my arm, and I like Miles believe it, I  just can't feel it when I listen to
it. Put on some John Lee Hooker or George  Clinton for that matter and my
mouth starts twitchin', my feet start movin, and  I have this overwhelming urge to
get down wid it. Just me.
          Randy

Pierre  <plavio@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Listen to jazz for a few years  and you will probably get a whole new
> perspective on music and you  may find that most blues start sounding
boring,
> same with most rock  and pop. This is not snobbery, once you get used to
> jazz, other music  just starts to sounds too simple, too basic.
> Listen to the top
> jazz artist for a few years and you will be forever changed. Warning:  It
may
> take a while before you develop a taste for the music but  there is no
going
> back once you do. Trick is to find the right people  to listen to.

<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> Check out free AOL at
http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/index.adp.  Most comprehensive set of free
safety and security tools, millions of free high-quality videos from across the
web, free AOL Mail and much more.